Monday, August 31, 2009

What If You...

What if you could wish me away... What if you spoke those words today... I wonder if you'd miss me when I'm gone... It's come to this, release me... I'll leave before the dawn... But for tonight I'll stay here with you... Yes, for tonight I'll lay here with you... But when the sun hits your eyes through your window there'll be nothing you can do... What if you could hear this song... What if I felt like I belong... I might not be leaving oh so soon... Began the night believing I loved you in the moonlight... So, for tonight I'll stay here with you... Yes, for tonight I'll lay here with you... But when the sun hits your eyes through your window there'll be nothing you can do... I could've treated you better, better than this... Well, I'm gone, this song's your letter... Can't stay in one place... So, for tonight I'll stay here with you... Yes, for tonight I'll lay here with you... But when the sun hits your eyes through your window there'll be nothing you can do...

This song has been reeling through my head for the last eleventeen days. It has me intoxicated. I'm obsessed with it. Since the first time I heard it I was mesmerized by the words and the melody. It puts me at ease. I bought the 2 CD's that were available at Best Buy and purchased a solo ticket to the show at Webster Hall.

Impulse buys, I know. But these are probably the 2 cheapest things I've bought in the last few months. I am extremely excited about this find. I feel that it came at the right time in my life. I'm a punk rock riot girl all the way. Although I indulge in the occasional slow song, well more than occasional but whatever, I usually like fast music that lets my emotions out in a more powerful way. When I listen to this guy's music, I am completely blown away. My heart palpitations stop. All anxiety is gone. No piece of music has ever had that effect on me.

Music is my only sanctuary. When I'm tuned out from the rest of the world, it's the only time I feel at ease and ok. I've said before that life is a little too much sometimes, and so I turn to music to get away from all of it. And it works for me. I can get out of here and be somewhere else, even if it's only in my mind and only for a short period of time. It just works for me and I'm okay with that.

I can not wait to see his show live. I can not wait to experience this by myself. I can't wait to just be in it, even if it's for a short period of time. I just can't wait. August is the worst, but I have made it through again. Tomorrow starts September. August will officially be over and I won't have to worry about it again until next year. And I am so glad that I stumbled upon this song and all the others that come with it because everything about this helped get me through the over emotional month that I've dealt with for the last 8 years...

But for tonight...

Thanks for reading...

No comments: